What is a One-Meeting Trust?
Our comprehensive estate planning process includes full trust “funding” and takes five meetings and a custom approach. This kind of complete estate planning can be prohibitive in terms of cost and time for young families. This is why we offer an option which requires only one meeting and is affordable, but greatly reduces the bad potential consequences for your children of the unexpected death of the breadwinner or both parents: leaving a financially vulnerable surviving spouse at the mercy of “creditors and predators,” or leaving an inheritance to your kids the moment they turn 18.
This option provides a couple with a joint revocable trust to hold and manage assets after the death of one or both of them, and a “pour-over” will for each that nominates a guardian for their children and directs assets outside the trust at death, into the trust.
The One-Meeting Trust Process
- Watch the video below to learn more about the One-Meeting Trust
- Pay for your Trust and Wills at the bottom of this page
- You will receive an email within 24 hours asking you to provide basic information about your family (we are aiming for under an hour, but we’re not Facebook or Google, so this piece is still manual)
- Once you finish filling out our interview form, we email you several evening signing/education meeting dates to choose from
- You attend the meeting, where we will have your documents ready for you, and the lawyer will explain how your Trust and Wills work, and answer your questions
- At the end of the evening, you go home with your witnessed and notarized legal documents
Please Watch this Video BEFORE purchasing your One-Meeting Trust
If you would like to sign up for our traditional estate planning process, beginning with an in-person consultation with the attorney, please click on the “Schedule Consultation” tab at the top of this page.